The RewardsCentral Prepaid Visa card is a new secure way to shop using your RewardsCentral reward points. Your Prepaid Visa is just like cash, except it's much more secure as it can be replaced if lost or stolen. And it's widely accepted - over 500,000 stores in Australia and 25 million stores worldwide accept Prepaid Visa cards.*
Please note these important conditions:
- Your Prepaid Visa is a single-load card, that means once the prepaid value has been used up the card cannot be topped up with additional funds. The card cannot be topped up with additional funds from any source, including from your RewardsCentral reward points account.
- The card expires 12 months from the date of issue. This expiry date will be indicated on the card.
- Your Prepaid Visa card will be issued in your name. Like any normal credit or debit card, the card is not transferrable… you cannot give the card to someone else for them to use. This Prepaid Visa card is not suitable to be given to someone else as a gift.
* Where can you use your RewardsCentral Prepaid Visa?
- Most online stores should accept Prepaid Visa cards
- The card should be accepted at most retail outlets that can process credit/debit card payments electronically. You will not be able to use your Prepaid Visa at a store that processes credit/debit card transactions with a manual credit card imprint machine.
- Currently Woolworths Group Stores do not accept Prepaid Visa Cards.
Frequently asked questions
Before I use my Prepaid Visa card, what do I have to do?
You must first activate your card by visiting www.universalgiftcard.com.au or call 1800 174 239.
You will need to have your card with you at the time of activation. Once you have activated the card, please sign the back of the card.
I have tried activating my card/logging into my account with the 16 digit code and my date of birth, how come it won’t let me activate/login?
Although the Universal Gift card website suggests that you should enter your date of birth, you should actually enter your 4 digit year of birth as recorded in your RewardsCentral account.
How do I find out how much I have left on the card?
Simply visit www.universalgiftcard.com.au and then login to check your transaction history and the balance.
Can I top up my RewardsCentral Prepaid Visa card?
No, you cannot top up your RewardsCentral Prepaid Visa card. Once all the value on the card has been used, you should cut the card in half and then dispose of it safely.
Does the card have an expiry date?
Yes, the card will expire at the end of the month shown on the front of the card, which is approximately 12 months from the date you received it.
What if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
It is important to treat your RewardsCentral Prepaid Visa card like you would any other credit card or cash. If the card has been lost, stolen or damaged, please phone 1800 174 239 to report this.
Can my card be replaced?
Yes, if your card has already been activated, it can be replaced, but only if your current card balance exceeds $15.00. Your replacement card will be loaded with the balance of the lost/stolen/damaged card at the time its loss was reported, less an administration fee of $15.
I have waited for 8 weeks now, the card still has not arrived. What should I do now?
You can simply phone 1800 174 239 to report this. If your card has not been activated then you will be given a free replacement. Please note that you should only contact Universal Gift card if you have already waited for 8 weeks.
Why do you need to pass my details to someone else?
In order to have your Prepaid Visa card personalised, the supplier must be given some of your personal details, and the Prepaid Visa card supplier will send the card to you directly. This is why, when you order a RewardsCentral Prepaid Visa card, you must agree to RewardsCentral sharing your personal details with the third party supplier. If you do not wish for your personal details to be shared with a third party supplier, do not order a RewardsCentral Prepaid Visa card.