Why must I claim for my points?
When you purchase from a RewardsCentral Reward Partner
, you have to claim for the points you have earned. If you do not claim, you will not receive any points at all.
When should I claim for my points?
You can claim for rewards immediately after you have made your purchase. You must claim within 60 days of the purchase. This means within 60 days of the original transaction, for example, when you placed the order, booked the hotel, or submitted your application.
Your new claim record will be removed from the system 60 days after your purchase, booking or application, and you will be unable to claim after this time.
How do I claim for my points?
- Ensure you are signed in, then visit Online Shopping;
- Under the 'Claim Rewards' heading on the right, the Reward Partner you are claiming points from should be listed;
- Once you have found the Reward Partner listed as above, click on Claim;
Enter the order/invoice number, purchase date, and the total amount spent;
- Your order/invoice number should be supplied at the time of purchase, either on the order confirmation page or on the order confirmation email;
- The purchase date is the date you placed the order, not necessarily the date you paid for the order. For example if you paid using a delayed payment method such as Bpay, money order or cheque, you should enter the date you placed the order, not the date you sent payment;
- The total amount is the total cost of the order excluding the cost of delivery, handling fees and other charges. The total amount must also exclude any portion of the purchase amount paid using a gift voucher;
- You should double check that the information you enter is correct. There have been a number of cases where the member supplied incorrect information when claiming, and thus the claim was rejected. It can often be a simple error such as leaving one digit out of an invoice number when entering it into the claim form.
- Click Submit Claim;
- Now you must wait for the partner to process your claim. This can take a few weeks, so please have patience.
Any deliberate false claim will incur a points penalty, and may lead to the cancellation of your membership.
Reward points will not be issued in relation to a cancelled or unpaid order.
The shop isn't listed in my Claim Rewards table. How can I claim for my points?
There are two possible reasons why the shop isn't listed. To determine which reason, answer this question:
Have you made two or more different purchases from that online shopping Reward Partner within the space of a few weeks?
If you have made two different purchases from the same Reward Partner through RewardsCentral within a few weeks of each other, and you have claimed for
the first purchase already, then you must create a new claim record for the second purchase. This is because
only one new claim record can be active at any one time.
In this case you should click on Start Earning button for the Reward Partner again. This will place a new entry in your Claim Rewards table
so you can submit your claim for the second purchase.
If the Reward Partner is not listed in the Claim Rewards table, you might not be able to claim rewards because you did not follow the correct procedure for earning rewards from that partner.
In the future, make sure you use the correct button on the RewardsCentral site to visit the Reward Partner's website. You'll find the button on the page on this site where the Reward Partner is described and reviewed. You need to use this button each and every time.
If the purchase was made more than 60 days ago, it is also possible that the claim entry has been removed automatically. There is a time limit for claiming of 60 days from the date of purchase. In future you must always claim within 60 days of purchasing.
I made a mistake with my claim. What should I do?
This depends on the type of mistake you have made.
- Wrong purchase amount: You don't need to do anything, the amount will be adjusted when your claim is being verified;
- Wrong order number, purchase date, or any other detail: You will need to cancel the claim, click on Start Earning button for the same Reward Partner, then resubmit the claim with the correct details;
- Claim cancelled by mistake: Click on the Start Earning button for that Reward Partner, then return to RewardsCentral and make a new claim, entering the original purchase date and details.
Why haven't I received my points yet?
This could be due to any number of reasons:
- Your claim is still being processed within the waiting period.
- Your points may not be credited until up to 60 days after you have received your complete order. If one item in your purchase is out of stock and you haven't received it yet, you will need to wait.
- RewardsCentral might still be waiting for a sales report from the Reward Partner so that we can process the pending claims. Please have patience.
What do the claim statuses mean?
Claim statuses are used to indicate the progress of your claim.
||Full Status Description
||This is a new entry that is awaiting either claim or cancellation.
The claim has been successfully submitted and is now waiting to be processed. Your claim will not be approved until after you have:
Please allow up to 60 days for your claim to be processed.
- received your goods or
- checked out of the accommodation or
- completed your travels
||The claim has been approved.
|Approved - Amount Corrected
||The claim has been approved with an adjusted claim amount. Sometimes, the cost of postage and handling charges might have been accidentally included in the total claim amount. Also any portion of the purchase amount paid using a gift voucher must be excluded. For this reason, an adjustment has been made to the claim amount according to the Reward Partner's report.
|Approved - Exceptionally Approved
The claim has been approved exceptionally by RewardsCentral. Even upon investigation, we have not been able to verify your claim details with the Reward Partner. On this occasion however, we are happy to make an exception and have approved your claim at our own expense.
To ensure your claim is approved quickly in the future, please be sure to follow the correct online shopping procedures. Please refer to How do I earn points from RewardsCentral Online Shopping? for more information.
|Rejected - Order Cancelled
The claim has been rejected because the Reward Partner's report has indicated that your purchase has been cancelled. All cancelled orders or bookings are not eligible for points.
If you have since repurchased the item, please submit your claim again with the updated order details. The new order details are most likely different to your original order.
|Rejected - Incorrect/Incomplete information provided
The claim has been rejected because the information provided in the claim was either incomplete or incorrect. Before you lodge a claim again, please verify your claim details by referring to the following:
Once you have verified your claim details, please feel free to lodge a claim again. To do this, you will need to click on Start Earning button for the same Reward Partner to generate a new pending claim. You can then resubmit the claim with the correct details.
- Email/Receipt/Invoice you received from the Reward Partner. Please check the following information:
- Order number/Invoice number/Receipt number
- Date of purchase
- Amount (excluding shipping/handling fee)
- Reward Partner's offer page for rules and conditions
|Rejected - Cannot be found on Reward Partner's report
||The claim has been rejected because your purchase cannot be found on the Reward Partner's report. In order for your purchase to be tracked correctly, you must go through the RewardsCentral website and click on the Start Earning button before you make a purchase. The correct online shopping procedures must be followed in order for your purchase to be eligible for points. Please refer to How do I earn points from RewardsCentral Online Shopping? for more information.
What can I do if my claim is rejected?
You can make an enquiry to find out why and possibly sort out the situation.
- Ensure you are signed in, then visit Claim Rewards;
- Find the claim you wish to query. Before continuing further, please read the claim status details. If this does not satisfactorily address your query, click on Enquire;
- Type in your enquiry, including as much detail as possible, and click Send Enquiry.
You should double check that the information you supplied in your claim is correct. There have been a number of cases where the member supplied incorrect information when claiming, and thus the claim was rejected.
It can often be a simple error such as leaving one digit out of an invoice number when entering it into the claim form.
You can only dispute/enquire about a rejected claim within 1 month from the time the claim was rejected. If you submit an enquiry more than 1 month after your claim is rejected, your enquiry will not be processed.
What is AutoClaim?
AutoClaim is a system that makes earning reward points through RewardsCentral Online Shopping much easier.
After you have made your purchase, you would normally have to claim for your reward points manually. If an Online Shopping Reward Partner has AutoClaim enabled, you do not need to manually enter a claim, the claim will be submitted on your behalf the instant you complete the transaction.
AutoClaim only applies to Reward Partners that show "AutoClaim Enabled" below the Start Earning button, otherwise you must submit a manual claim for your points in the normal way.
After you have made your purchase, you can view your Claim History to confirm that the AutoClaim was successful. You should see an entry showing "AutoClaim Pending". If you have completed a purchase from a Reward Partner that is AutoClaim enabled and you do not see a claim showing "AutoClaim Pending", then you must submit a manual claim for your reward points in the normal way.
AutoClaim does not mean that you will receive your points immediately. Your claim will be processed manually and may take up to 60 days to be approved.